About the trust
Alpha Pyrenees Trust Limited is a closed-ended Guernsey registered investment company which primarily invested in higher-yielding properties in France, particularly in the Ile-de-France region around Paris, focusing on commercial property in the office, industrial, logistics and retail sectors let to tenants with strong covenants. The Trust is pursuing an orderly realisation of its investment property and has the support of its lender in this process.
Alpha Real Capital, an FCA regulated property fund advisory business, is Investment Manager to the Company.
The Alpha Real Capital team has a strong long-term track record, established across a range of real estate ventures with an established operating platform in France and Spain.
Active asset management
The Investment Manager will seek to enhance income and capital values where appropriate through the following:
- A space reconfiguration where under-utilised or inefficient areas within a building can be rearranged to provide more valuable space;
- A refurbishment and redevelopment where space can be modernised and the specification upgraded to create space which can command higher rents;
- A re-leasing, which has the potential to increase the rental income to an open market level, when this is in excess of the existing rent;
- A space creation by extending the building to meet tenant demand; and
- A change of use which can result in a higher value use for certain areas of a building or for entire properties